|Fun and Educational Links
Do You Know What Happened on This Date in History?
Kids in the House: The Official Kids' Page of the U.S. House of Representatives
Learn about the legislative process and its effect on you. Experience the exciting world of government like you never have before.
Read news just for kids at the Washington Post Kids Page.
First Gov for Kids
The federal government's portal for fun, educational and safe sites for kids.
CIA's Homepage for Kids
Learn what it takes to be a spy, read about the history of the CIA and try on spy disguises.
NASA Just for Kids
Learn about our missions to space, new technologies and the history of our space program.
National Children's Museum
Take a tour of the National Children's Museum.
EPA's Explorers' Club
Learn about the environment and what you can do to protect it.
Smithsonian Kids' Castle
The Smithsonian's official site for kids includes games and learning material about the things that kids are interested in.
The Congressional Award
The Congressional Award is a public partnership created by Congress to promote and recognize achievement, initiative, and service in America's youth. The Congressional Award provides a unique opportunity for young people to set and achieve personally challenging goals that build character and foster community service, personal development, and citizenship.
Congress for Kids
A kid friendly introduction to everything you need to know about the House of Representatives.
Parents and Teachers
- Prepare for College — Start by defining your goals and interests, understanding college costs, and planning financially and academically.
- Types of Aid — View information about the types of aid available from the federal government and other sources: grants, scholarships, loans, and work-study programs, and learn how to lower your costs when you go to college.
- Who Gets Aid — Find out who gets aid, how to stay eligible, and how to get eligibility back if you’ve lost it.
- Apply for Aid — Learn how to submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®), how aid is calculated, and how you’ll get your aid.
- Repay Your Loans — Choose a repayment plan, pay on time, avoid default, and get help with problems.